Home Page Logo
Our Philosophy
Administration Support Staff Transitional Kindergarten Kindergarten 1st Grade 2nd Grade 3rd Grade 4th Grade 5th Grade SDC Staff
Parents' Club News
About Common Core Parent Information CCSS Links Keyboarding Skills Student Report of Progress
Fun Places

Upcoming BES Events


4/28/2017- Trolls Movie Night

School Happenings!

The winners of the community art show are:

Cali Wong 3rd place "Mother's Day Vases"- Kindergarten

Wylie Slay 3rd place "Sunflowers"-4th grade

Siarabelle Macawile Best In Show "Sunset at the Recycled Beach" 5th grade

The art show opened 4/10/2017 and runs through 5/4/2017 at the Brentwood Community Center

More info: Art Show   Art Show - Sp


From April 27 to May 19th, students in grades 3 – 8 will participate in the CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress).
CASSPP consists of:
 The CAST (California Science Tests) which will be given to students in grades 5 and 8, and
 The SBAC (Smarter Balanced Assessments) which will be given to students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts/literacy (ELA) and Mathematics.
The State of California requires that 95% or greater of our students participate in the state tests. More information on CAASPP can be found at



School Site Council - click below for next meeting's agenda and minutes from previous meeting:

SSCagendaMar 13 2017.doc

SSC Minutes Nov. 14th, 2016 (2).docx


Resolution #2017-02 BUSD Safe and Welcoming:  

Res 2017-02

Res 2017-02 - Espanol



Spirit wear T-shirts for sale in the front office!



Help raise money for our school by turning in your BoxTops!  Have your student turn in your BoxTops to their teacher by April 21st for our last BoxTops classroom contest!  BoxTops must show code and valid expiration date.  Thank you and good luck to all our Bulldogs!


Measure B Graphic.png

Click on ICON for more info


BUSD working to conserve water


Please read for more information:

Press release

BUSD Water Conservation

Attention Bulldog Families!

The kids are looking forward to it and APEX is doing a great job promoting it. Keep the sponsors coming!

WE NEED YOU! We will be sending home a SELF-NOMINATION form home this week. It has a list of the BOARD positions and COMMITTEE positions available to jump into for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Help a little or help a lot, it all HELPS! Return completed forms to the office and come to the May 1 Parent's Club meeting at 7pm in the MPR. We will read off names and hold election if needed. Most of our current PC members only have 5th or 4th graders left and our time here is limited. We would love to pass on this legacy while we are still here!

May will be BUSY! Book Fair, Open House, Carnival...any help is appreciated. Please let your teacher know if you can, or call Anna Foster, PC President, 925-234-6070.

As always, so much thanks to all of our AWESOME families for FUNDRAISING! Did you see the new MARQUEE?? That is because of you!  


Enrollment for the next year begins 4/4/2017 - please visit your boundary school for registration.


If you are planning to move over the summer, or are enrolling your student in another school, please let us know.  This helps us prepare and forward your child’s records, enabling his/her smooth transition.  Thank you so much for your help.  If you have any questions, please call your child’s school or the Brentwood Union School District Office at 513-6300.

Si está planeando mudarse durante el verano, o matricular a su estudiante en otra escuela,  favor de notificarnos. Esto nos ayudará a preparar y a transferir los registros de su hijo, para que su transición se lleve a cabo sin problemas. Muchas gracias por su ayuda. Si tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame a la escuela de su hijo o la Oficina del Distrito Escolar Unificado de Brentwood al  513-6300.



MARCH 2, 2017 THROUGH MAY 1, 2017

The second open enrollment period allows for Intradistrict Transfer Applications from March 2 through May 1, 2017.  The second period allows consideration of Intradistrict Transfers for families who have had a change in circumstances, or may have forgotten to apply.

Applicants who submit an Intradistrict Transfer request no later than 4:00 p.m., Monday, May 1, 2017 will be notified on June 1, 2017.  Forms are available at all school sites, and at the District Office.  Intradistrict Transfer Forms MUST be returned to any school office, or the District Office, no later than 4:00 p.m., Monday, May 1, 2017 to be considered by the June 1ST notification date.




For 2017-2018, all schools will be open for intradistrict transfer requests.  All requests will be evaluated for approval based on capacity.

In accordance with board policy, intradistrict transfer requests on behalf of students who have been previously displaced from a closed school site will be considered on a priority basis.


En Espanol.doc


Appointments for TK & Kindergarten Registration will be made by calling your designated area school beginning February 15, 2017BRENTWOOD SCHOOL 513-6360, GARIN SCHOOL 513-6370, RON NUNN SCHOOL 513-6380, LOMA VISTA SCHOOL 513-6390, KREY SCHOOL 513-6400, PIONEER SCHOOL 513-6410,  MARSH CREEK SCHOOL 513-6420 and MARY CASEY BLACK SCHOOL 513-6430.  

  • PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS:  Picture ID, AND 2 of the following original documents with parent/guardian’s name and current address (ONE FROM EACH SECTION BELOW): 

Note:  Proof of residency is required for all new students; even those with siblings already attending BUSD.

  • Property tax bill indicating homeowner’s exemption; rental/lease agreement with parent/guardian’s name, student’s name and address, as well as manager or owner’s name and phone number; For new homeowners, close of escrow documents may be provided as evidence of residency.  However, within 30 calendar days of registration with the district, one additional document listed below must be provided for continued enrollment.
  • Valid vehicle registration; payroll stubs/checks; State or Federal Tax Return filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached; other forms of communication from a government agency.

En Espanol.docx

Now earn up to 3% for Brentwood Elementary School with Save Mart, Lucky and FoodMaxx supermarkets!  Go Online to sign-up and learn more - Shares by escrip


There are THREE ways you can help!

Click for more information:  HOW CAN YOU HELP BRENTWOOD ELEMENTARY.docx



Do you love working with kids?

Do you have a bachelor's degree and passed CBEST?

Apply to be a substitute teacher in our district!

For more information,

ask for the substitute teacher application packet at the

BUSD District Service Center

 255 Guthrie Lane

 or call Cheryl Cados at 513-6313


Please call the attendance line every time your student is absent at 513-6361. Please include student's name, your name, teacher's name, dates and reason for absence.  Thank you!

When you plan to be absent for 5 or more days:

Site-Based Independent Study - When a student will be absent for 5 or more days, an application (see SBIS forms under Helpful Forms) for Site-Based Independent Study may be filled-out and submitted to the front office no less than five days prior to the planned absence. Once approved, the student's teacher will prepare assignments to be completed during the absence. The assignments are due back to the teacher on the first day back to school after the planned absence. The student will receive full academic and attendance credit for all work completed. 

Kindergarten Orientation Video

Principal Tweets

PAY FOR FIELD TRIP DONATION HERE!! You will need your student's ID number.

Pay here image.jpg

Cafeteria News

Contact Information

Diana Zaragoza

BES April Menu.pdf

Interactive Menu

Remember!  You can always add money to your child's lunch account by going to the following food services page on the BUSD website through the following link and click on Q-Parent Connection - you will need a PIN number - please call us at 513-6360 X2471 to get it.


Parents can also now fill out & submit free/reduced meal applications online on this page.



Mara Muniz, Librarian

Brentwood Elementary Library

Field Trips

School Registration

Enrollment Forms


(Oral Health Exam and 1st Grade Physical Exam forms)

Helpful Forms

Permission to Give Medication at School

SBIS- Form 1     SBIS - Form 2 (Site-Based Independent Study Forms)


Attendance Helpers